Sunday, December 7, 2008

Arrival of the Bunten family



The family arrived on Sunday, the 23rd. Due to the lack of phones I had no idea when my parents actually arrived. I finally got a hold of them at their hotel & they were on their way shortly after. It was a great time watching my dad drive on the “wrong” side of the road when he pulled up. They got to see the great accommodation I have over here and then we were off to Hogs Breath Cafe. Johnny is now obsessed & wants to go there each time we see one…but we’re getting him to branch out & try new things.

The second night (after I took my first two finals) the family went around shopping & to dinner with the girls. Cortney, Katie, and Kerry went out with the family to a seafood/buffet type place. Johnny put on quite a show by stacking coke bottles into a pyramid. He was also astonished by Cortney’s knowledge of the jelly belly flavors. We then all piled into the Camry (all seven of us) & took the ride back to school. Dad even let us drive over the speed bump outside their apartments twice! I know, we’re easily amused.

Day three in Gold Coast area was Johnny’s Surfing day. We drove up to Noosa and hung out at the beach while Johnny took surfing lessons. Let’s just say his intense face and lack of surfing skills made the day quite interesting.

No comments: